Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mañana me voy...

Ola amigos, vrienden, friends, les amis: "only tomorrow" is a very nice song, "we are the champions" another one; they both fit in the same sentence.

I'm as ready as I will be, everything is packed (just a little overweight, 8 kilos excluding water but including 750 grams of nuts & dried fruits I prepared yesterday evening, my "safety ration". I'll go buy a dry sausage at a Salamanca delicatessen (they've got some of the very best "charcuterie" in the world there!) and make sure I have my own special breakfast before setting off, so I don't have to carry it on my back (Spanish breakfast can be dispensed with: it's nonexistent, except for the coffee).

A great thanks to all my friends, who've given me support and encouragement. And to Irène: she's, from the time when I first mentioned the idea of going on this pilgrimage, agreed to let me go! That's fantastic. Merci Irène, je t'aime/Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment